Saturday, April 9, 2011

Quiltin’ Again

I’ve been quilting again!  This first quilt is from my favorite pattern – Geese in the Field.  I believe this is the fifth quilt I’ve made from this pattern.  It whips up so quickly – which I believe is one of the reasons I like it!  This quilt is going on the twin bed in our ‘Guest Room’.  It was the inspiration for the paint color (lavendar) and room design.
Flying Geese
A few months ago, a friend’s husband died suddenly.  I offered to make her a couple of quilts out of his t-shirts.  He was heavily involved in scouting and also the Fire Chief of the volunteer fire department here in Blanding.  I ended up making two lap size quilts.  Jeri Montella, here in town, volunteered to quilt them for free.  How kind she is!
Firefighter QuiltBoy Scout Quilt 

Boy Scout Quilt
A Little Bit of Everything/Fire Fighter Quilt

No comments: