Thursday, October 6, 2011

Jannica’s First Quilt

The first week in August, I went to Salt Lake to help one of my beautiful nieces, Jannica Lang Mundy, make her first quilt.  We bought all of the fabric right after New Years and the fabric has been sitting in the bag, waiting to be put together into a beautiful quilt!

With the help of niece Alexis, we cut and arranged and sewed together the front of the quilt. 

Jannica's Quilt 001

Jannica took the quilt to Bethany Christiansen of Two Quilting B’s for it to be quilted.  Bethany does GREAT WORK.  She does everything free hand.  I am completely impressed.

Jannica's Quilt 003

As I’m not in the Salt Lake area and Jannica is in College, time to get together is limited.  So, when Mike and I drove through Salt Lake last week, I picked up the quilt at my parents and brought it to Blanding.  I finished the binding last evening.  I think turned out darling and Jannica should be so pleased with her first quilt!

Jannica's Quilt 002

NOTE:  The greatest honor was when Jannica emailed me recently and asked if I was coming to Salt Lake again in December or January.  She wants to go fabric shopping again!  I think I’ve created another quilter in the family!  (Sidney, Alexis, Madison, and now Jannica!)

No comments: