Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sunday School Lesson Relearned...

It all started Sunday afternoon when I casually checked my email and found that someone had purchased another of my items from etsy. I was so excited! Then the dreaded fear and I thought, "Of all the items out there, I bet it's the American Flag". When I dug deeper, it was!



Sample Flag

Of course, the American Flag was still at Brenda's, waiting to be quilted...

Knowing better... I called Brenda and asked if I could come down later that evening, yes it is SUNDAY EVENING, and quilt the flag. I mean, someone had already sent me money for this flag and I didn't even have it finished yet! Great justification... but not really.

Now the Sunday School Lesson... I started to quilt the flag and wouldn't you know it, I had problems from the start. I ended up unpicking things THREE times and it took almost two hours to quilt. (It should have taken 30 minutes.) In the middle of my unpicking, I asked myself, "Why is this happening?" It then hit me that I was 'working' on Sunday, so to speak.

Resolution:

With the flag finished and in the mail, I've committed to do no more 'quilting work' on the Sabbath.

2 comments:

lcdiaz said...

Your good to do no quilting work on Sunday. I would think that would be a great quilting day haha. You're a great example.

Becky said...

Sidney, I had no idea you blogged. I found you on Annette's. How fun.