Wednesday, March 4, 2009

LOL

I love to laugh! (Hey, isn't that the song from Mary Poppins???)

I came home from enrichment last evening on a laughter high! Our service auction provided a lot of laughter among the sisters and it was so refreshing to see how far we've come in a year!(See the benefits of laughter at this article : http://stress.about.com/od/stresshealth/a/laughter.htm

Over the years, I've had many people tell me that they 'love my laugh'. I know that I laugh loudly, but I also laugh heartily!

Even at enrichment last evening, two people made comments about my laughter...

Julie Price (Ward Activities Chairman): "Last Saturday evening [at our ward party] I was wondering if people were having a good time. Then, I heard you laughing and I just had this calming feeling come over me." (Basically, she received her answer via my laughter...)

I was also chatting with Jackie Loosle and Colleen Foote and telling them how much I enjoyed their husbands performance in the sychonized swimming talent act at our ward party on Saturday evening. Jackie said with a smile on her face, "We taped it and watched it four times. We could hear you laughing, and would say, "There's Sidney!!!"

I also remember when I worked at Apple Computer, aka now known only as 'Apple', in Austin, Texas. We had a very open workplace with rows and rows of cubicles. My cubicle was in a far back corner. One day, someone who work on the upper right side of the building said to me, "We can hear you laughing!" I was a little embarrassed, but then he said, "It's a good thing!"

Moral of this post: Take more time to laugh!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I miss your laugh ;)