Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Julie & Julia

Why am I blogging about this movie? Well... I read in the paper last evening that the movie had been a disappointment, only making 47 million (Oh, yes, a 'disappointment'. I'd take 47 million!) I decided to 'talk it up' because Mike and I went to see the movie yesterday.

I had been wanting to see this movie ever since I'd seen the trailer. We even splurged and went to a matinee, rather than waiting for the dollar flick - which we usually do. I guess I was a little impatient!

Mike thought he was taking me to another chick flick, but after the movie was over he said, "This wasn't a chick flick." I really enjoyed it. He'd had his doubts before the show, wondering how a show about cooking could possibly be interesting, but it was!

So, the moral of this blog...

1. It isn't a chick flick, the husbands/men in your life will enjoy it as well.
2. It is very entertaining and watching Meryl Streep as Julia is well worth it!
3. Let's help out the entertainment business and give it a couple of more million dollars, so this show won't be a 'disappointment'.


http://www.julieandjulia.com/

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Navylangs said...

Madi and I saw it last week. (A homeschool field trip of sorts.) Our matinee price $7.25 - each!

Sidney said...

I love your field trips!!!