Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Delegation

Delegate - this is what my dad taught me to do. Or, can you be taught to delegate? I'm not really sure. Maybe it comes naturally, ones' talent if you will? I'm not quite sure

Delegate - according to Webster's dictionary - a person acting for another

Last evening was a perfect example. The Foothill 3rd Ward had our Visiting Teaching Training. There were a few things that I wanted for this meeting and then I suggested that our Visiting Teaching leader, Annette, just run with it. I delegated to her.

She put together a fantastic meeting, full of the spirit, inspiration, training, and movivation. I of course, take no credit. A good delegator also makes sure that credit is given when credit is due.

Okay, why am I even posting this... well, because there hasn't been much activity. But I am positive that if I had planned it on my own, this training would have been awful. I can't and don't want to do it all. Sorry, I guess I missed the Women's Lib Era Training Message.

No comments: