Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Food Storage Analyzer

Emergency Preparedness has a Food Storage Analyzer that you can use to put in your food storage information and figure out how much food storage you have in your home. I put in all the stuff - guessing on amounts - and I would say I guessed conservatively. I ended up with 243 days of food. That is basically 8 MONTHS! I had no idea I could have that much. Now, I admit, it probably won't be very appetizing, but at least it is FOOD!

About the calculator - it is in it's beta form. I focuses on products from Emergeny Preparedness. While I haven't purchased much from them, I have purchased bulk items and it allows for you to put in those bulk items.

The best part, in my opinion, is that there is a grocery store canned goods item where I could enter in those items. We have a lot! Anyway, it helped

http://preparednesspantry.blogspot.com/2009/10/food-storage-analyzer-gift-card.html

So, I admit, one of the reasons I did this post is because I can obtain a $10.00 gift card from Emergency Essentials and then I'll have additional funds to purchase items for our food storage. Yea!!!

No comments: