Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Hummers have returned!!!

This evening I was watching television and I saw my first hummingbird at the feeder. I was so excited, except for one problem, there was nothing in the feeder! I've been waiting until I saw one before I filled the feeder. I quickly arose and made up a batch of hummer juice and put it in! While out there, I decided to take a few pictures of this years 'garden'.






We decided to plant onions. Don't ask me why, but we needed something against the side of our wall that might take the heat better. Tomatoes don't do that well during the hot time of the year.



We also have planted the tomatoes from seed.


Lettuce from seed




Parsley and Basil (I had so much fun last year using the herbs in our meals!)



And best of all, I planted pansies in the planter boxes Mike made for me a couple of years ago.




I LOVE SPRING!!!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

How fun that you have a blog! Your graden looks fun! We'll link you on our page...by the way, thank you for the nice "thank you" note!