Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm Exhausted!

Yesterday was a busy day... I drove to Ogden to do some work on a property, drive around the rest of them, and then go to court to obtain a judgement from one of our former tenants. One of homes - the 'Sunset' home - looked better than it ever has. I am so grateful for tenants who take care of the home. (By the way, if you know of anyone who needs to purchase a home for around $130,000 in the North Davis area, we have this Sunset home on the market!)

The courtroom experience was very interesting! I've not watched a lot of TV courtroom shows, but my friend, Lisa D'Anelda, who went up with me said that this judge was like 'Judge Judy'. Pretty gruff and grumpy! (Oh, I hope he doesn't read this blog!)

The irony of the entire experience was that last week, I decided to watch Judge Alex one day. I probably watched about 15 minutes. It was a case where a landlord was trying to obtain rents due them. The defendent stated that they didn't need to pay the rent because the contract was with someone else. The judge then asked that defendent if they had lived in the place and the response was, "Yes". Judge Alex ruled in the landlord's favor! Well, this is EXACTLY what our former tenants said. As soon as she said it I had 'de ja vu' and knew that the outcome was favorable for us. (Actually we have to go back on Sept 4th to get the results!) Luckily, I was prepared with all of my documentation and provided it to the judge.

The rest of the day was filled with Relief Society Pres. Mtg, visits and then my monthly one-on-one (I know this is the 'world' terminology) with Bishop Hall. We had a great presidency meeting and I feel like we are now moving forward in the right direction again. (I've had a couple of months of wondering what our next step was!) Thank heaven's for the inspiration of the spirit!

I'm off to lunch with Deeann Reynolds and then I'm going NOTHING the rest of the day! Yea!!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Sidny, for some reason when I send you an email I get it sent back to me. Anyway, I just wanted to share our blog with you.

http://andyandamberpavlovich.blogspot.com/