Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Finally.... Something to Blog About!

Over the summer, I've been a little bothered that I had so many scraps left over from projects and/or fabric that I had purchased because I liked it, yet had no purpose. So, I decided to make a scrap quilt. I've been working on sewing the 9 square blocks for several weeks, but yesterday, I went to the fabric store - Elaine's Quilt Block - and became inspired!!!


I found fabric for the back and it was only $2.00 a yard. (This price is RARELY seen at any quilt store and it was 4 7/8 (I need five yards and figured it was close enough!) I also found another print that will work well for the border around my 9 square blocks - but because I didn't have a sample of the blocks with me, I decided to wait and purchase it. Mike and I drove over there this afternoon and purchased the fabric. Yea!


The plaid fabric will be the backing, the red, white and blue circles fabric will be the border around the 9 square blocks, and of course, the blocks - made from my fabric scraps... Ooohhh, I should say 'STASH'. That's the correct quilter terminology. We never have scraps, just a stash of fabric!
I am really hoping that I finish the quilt top this weekend so that I can take it to Brenda/Bethany. One of them will quilt it for me! P.S. They do great work!
Mike was asking me today, "Who are you making this quilt for?" Honestly, I have no idea. I just liked the pattern! So, when the finished product is complete, I'll post it and maybe I'll give it to the first individual who asks! (Okay, I'm not sure about that, but we'll see!)

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'll take it!!! :) I wish you were closer so you could inspire me to use up some of my small stash!!