Sunday, September 28, 2008

Family History, I am doing it...

Well, sort of... Carol Raymond of our ward has been so excited about the finds that have occurred in her family recently, that her enthusiasm caused me to decide that this evening, I'd do a little family history research. Mike's Grandmother, Marjorie Goodman Christensen, was not a member of the church. I know that Mike's mother, Caroline, has researched some of the work, so I decided to start pulling things together. I found a several items. While the Goodman's came from the south, via Texas to Colorado and Utah, I found that generations before settled in the New England area. With that information, I knew that some of the work was probably done. (If you have ancestors from the New England area, there is a VERY GOOD chance all of their work has been done - SEVERAL TIMES!)

But, I think we can build up names from those that went to South Caroline and moved on to Texas. I'm not sure how it will happen, but I decided it was good that I at least found a place to begin.

While looking for this information, I came across some video I took of Madison playing the piano. This is from my visit to Guam in September 2006 - just two years ago. Personally, I think she is a natural at the piano - just like her FAVORITE AUNT, but I have to confess, she has the HART genes as well. She'd only been taking for a couple of months when she played this piece.


No comments: