Saturday, October 18, 2008

I LOVE A DEAL!

One of my hobbies, if you will, is watching the grocery ads. This week, Albertsons - aka Albs - has had the 16 oz jar of Taco Bell Salsa on sale - 5 qty for 5 dollars, PLUS with the coupon that was found in the ad (and also on the aisle shelf by where the salsa is located) you then get $3.00 of a bag of candy. So, needless to say, I've been buying salsa in BULK and getting free candy this week. $25.00 worth of salsa and 5 bags of candy for the Halloween kiddies who I hope will drop by our door... So, I have salsa food storage for a year as well as candy for Halloween - okay Mike & I will eat it too!

A couple of weeks ago, Albs had Hershey's Chocolate Chips - 10 for 10.00. Then, if you purchased the 10 qty, you received $3.00 off - which made the price of the choc. chips only .70 per bag. Well, you guessed right, I loaded up on chocolate chips in anticipation of this holiday FUDGE cooking season! Between fudge and choc. chip cookies, I figure 40 bags would be enough for the year.

MORAL: If you are looking for a great deal, look at the ads. It is worth it! I still believe I am a better shopper by shopping the ads than going to Costco or Sams Club. I still don't see how those two places believe they are lowering the food costs - except maybe on spices, cheese, and there is one other item I've found to be cheaper there. Okay, enough pontificating!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I miss the 10 for 10 days at Albs!

Sabby said...

I love getting a good deals, my newest hobby is couponing. Keep up the good work!