Monday, March 1, 2010

Fabric Scraps

I have lots and lots of fabric scraps. In my quest to 'declutter' my home again - this time in the sewing area - I needed to do something with all of the scraps. (I feel guilty throwing good fabric away. ) I spent hours and hours making four patch square into 16 patch square. TOO MUCH TIME!
Over the weekend, I decided to take the strips of fabric and just sew them together, grouping by colors.
I actually had enough strips to make a twin sized quilt top! I have some fabric that I can use as a backing. After quilting it, I think I'll donate it. After sewing all the strips together, I actually think it looks okay. Someone will like this quilt for their bed, I"m sure.
I will finish the 16 patch quilt, but it will be a combination of all the patches that I currently have created. Some are 16, some are 4 (if I don't have enough to make 16). I am going to get this fabric USED UP and out of my home. Even a scrap quilt has usage when one needs to be warmed up!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

wow. that looks like so much work. one day I will sew a quilt. but it will be much smaller with fewer squares of fabric. wow. I actually just learned how to sew a nursing cover and car seat canopy, so I was pretty excited and thought you might join me in my excitement, since you are such an amazing seamstress.