Saturday, March 13, 2010

Painting...

I decided to redo my bathroom a few weeks ago. I've been looking for the right accessories, etc., to create my bathroom 'vision'. This morning I arose at 5:00am and began the painting process. I was done in a couple of hours and had the bathroom back together before noon. It was so nice.

The only 'surprise' with this redo was the MIRROR. I purchased a mirror and when I took down the old one, I found a large (36 x 28) whole in my wall where it looks like a medicine cabinet should go. So, I'm still looking for a brown wood framed mirror that will cover the hole that isn't $200 dollars. (I found a great one online at Home Depot.) (Too bad I forgot to take a picture of the hole!) So, the room isn't complete, but close!



Old paint color - sage with some sponge painting.



New paint color - a pale yellow/tan color that looks MUCH better
with the older styled tile in this bathroom. I can accessorize with color!
(See the red in the flowers. I need to add a little more red to the room!)


The finished produce, but I still need a splash of red on this wall.
Any suggestions?
I'm hoping that my friend Bethany will have a solution.
She has great ideas!!!

2 comments:

BSC said...

That looks great!!!

Unknown said...

You could always paint a color block of paint on that wall. It could be red and it could be a rectangle behind the leaf hooks.

Or, you could add several colors and create a striped effect.

P.S. The room looks great!