Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A new address...

I guess it is time to let the 'cat out of the bag' and announce our 'big decision'. Mike and I have decided to move to Blanding to care for his parents. We are moving in June, after we return from our trip to the Oregon Coast.


Q & A


Q: When are you getting released as Relief Society President?
A: I do not know. My guess is late May.

NOTE: I am not moving to obtain this release. I am moving because it is the right time and coincides with a release already in the plans by our Bishop.

Q: Does the Bishop know you are moving?
A: Yes.

Q: Are you selling your home?
A: We are not selling our home. This is not meant to be a permanent move, but a temporary move. We have committed to living one year in Blanding and then reevaluating the situation.

Q: What are you going to do with you home during this time?
A: My brother will be living in our home which will allow us a place to stay when we come to Salt Lake.

Q: What about your rental properties?
A: We still have them and will manage them from Blanding.

Q: What about Mike's job?
A: Well, as hard as it is to believe, Mike will be 62 at the end of May and he will take 'early retirement'. Social Security will provide our income for the next year.

Q: When did you make this decision?
A: Over a year ago, we've just kept it quiet until recently.

That's about it. Another new adventure for Mike and I. Mike believes I will not like living in a small town (pop. 3,500) and I believe I will. I have always wanted to live in a small town.

So, if you are headed to the Four Corners area, don't forget to look us up.

Mike & Sidney Christensen
88 W. 200 So.
Blanding, Utah 84511
Cell: 801-859-3300

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I think that is great!

lcdiaz said...

I too think thats great! It will be fun to see you guys down there!

Becky said...

Sad for me, but good for you guys. :)

Tyler said...

That is really great of you to move down there. I think you'll really enjoy it.