Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Company!

My mom and my brother, Steve, came to Blanding over President’s Day weekend.  Steve had visited last summer and my mom had been down for Mike’s father’s funeral.  But, she had not been in our home at that time.

 

100_4901

They arrived in Steve’s new car, although my mom drove the entire trip.

100_4902

Steve likes his sleeping accommodations because it include a television in his ‘room’.  He slept in the living room last summer, too.  He has his own little set up and routine!

100_4906

Eating at Twin Rocks in Bluff is a must when we have visitors.  Mike and I took Steve and mom there on Saturday afternoon for lunch.  My mom wanted a Navajo Taco.

100_4903

Inside Twin Rocks…

 100_4904 

Waiting for Mike to pay.

 

Steve just wanted to hang out at our home and watch sports.  He didn’t want to do much, plus he’d seen the ‘tourist’ spots last time.

My mom wanted to see our home, etc.  I think we passed inspection!

I drove my mom and Steve around town on Friday afternoon.  I showed them where we go fishing, town vs. county, the Decker Lake of Blanding, and a few other places of interest.

Saturday morning I took my mom over to the Blanding Visitor’s Center.  I like the visitors center because it includes a lot of the history of Blanding and it has a display about the tunnel, which is part of the Lyman family history.

Monday morning, before they left, I drove my mom out to the ruins just outside of town.  There are so many ruins in San Juan County.  It’s amazing.

We were so glad to have family come and visit.  Anyone is welcome any time!

No comments: