Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Family, Home and Personal Enrichment...

This evening I attended our Ward's enrichment activity. A few years ago when the change was made from Homemaking to Family, Home and Personal Enrichment, it seemed to throw people off. But, I want you to know that we had a perfect enrichment activity this evening!

Because I currently serving as RS President, people thank me for the activity, BUT, I am VERY quick to let them know that it wasn't me, but it was our Enrichment Counselor, Annette Knight and our Enrichment Leader, Lacy Egbert, that were the responsible parties as well as those they invited to assist with this evening's success. (I delegate as well as give credit where it is due!)

How was our evenings' Enrichment Successful?

1. The theme was simplifying Christmas and focusing on family and love. Stacey Petersen gave a thought provoking presentation on Simplifying Christmas and shared with us several of the gifts that she and/or her family have received over the years that meant something to them. All of these gifts were something that was handmade and/or personal in nature. They were not gifts from the department stores. Wow, what a way to feel enriched about family and home!!!

2. We sang Christmas carols and while the spirit was already there, our singing brought the spirit more fully into our evening and into our hearts. Whenever we speak of Christ or sing of Christ - we are personally enriched and edified (Again, right along with the goal of RS Enrichment meetings!)

3. Sisters also brought to share some of their favorite Christmas treats, which is what we munched on as we visited with each other and the listened to Stacey's words. Again, personal enrichment as we visit with one another and I guess a little temporal enrichment too!

The last item that brought our enrichment meeting so close to perfect was the calling of Sister Carol Raymond as the Children's Class Leader. It is not the NURSERY, but CHILDREN's CLASS. Carol had the children eating out of the palm of her hand. When I took a sister and her children home this evening, I ask the children how they felt about the Children's Class. The eight year old son gave me a THUMBS UP! I was touched. Yea!!!

I am so grateful for those who serve in their callings and who prayerfully consider the way to fulfill their callings. I truly left Enrichment ENRICHED!

No comments: