Wednesday, December 3, 2008

RAIDS!

This morning I was telling Mike about Enrichment last evening and he reminded me about his favorite childhood memory - the Christmas Eve Raids!


Each Christmas Eve, the children - Mike, Kirk, Scot, Marjorie and Suzanne, would go to the second level of their home and in the dark, they would sneak around the upstairs of their home and scare each other. He said that sometimes there were be two or three people quietly sneaking and sliding around and then they would run into each other and make monster sounds, etc. His favorite memory is when Kirk would run into Marjoire and Suzanne and Mike would hear Kirk make his monster sounds. The girls would squeal and run.


RAIDS never occured in the Christensen household, except on Christmas Eve! Maybe, just maybe, I'll get Mike to AUTHOR a blog some day where he can really share his memories. But for the time being, I enjoy hearing about those memories each Christmas season!


Suzanne, Mike, Scot, Marjorie (Kirk's serving a mission)

2 comments:

lcdiaz said...

I LOVE hearing about raids! My dad has told me so many stories and I can't get enough of them. Fun post!

Mandy said...

Steve here. I love hearing the Christmas Raid stories! Keep on posting the pictures of my dad and his family from back in the day!