Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bartering...

Early this week I read a blog where a woman had traded quilting for a pair of hand knitted socks. I thought, "I wouldn't mind trading my talents for something I need or wanted."
But then the thought creeps in... "What talents do I have?"
Luckily, within a day or two, the phone rang and friend called asking her if I would help her make a slip cover for child's couch. To make a long story short... I made the slip cover and she brought over a delicious meal of chicken cordon blue with a teryaki sauce and rice. We are BOTH HAPPY!!!
I was able to sew and make this cute slip cover, (picture below) and I didn't have to worry about dinner, because it was already made. (Plus, we have leftovers will last us three meals!!!) Thanks Jodi!!!

P.S. I'm willing to sew for about anything... I'd even take a Marie Calendar's Pie! (They happen to be on sale right now and I saw the ad!)

1 comment:

Jodi said...

you are way too cute! I love that you posted a blog about it and still feel like it was a fair trade. My kids are loving the couch and I am loving it as well just knowing they are on something clean and soft (compared to what they had before). So thanks again! Be careful what you offer, you might become full-time employed as a seamstress for others!
Do you think anyone would barter me a talent for cleaning my toilets?...