Saturday, February 14, 2009

Graduate School Revisited

The past 10 days have reminded me of Graduate School. Why???
Well, during the second quarter (yes I went to school on the quarter system) of graduate school I had a three week period where I had a major project due every other day. I went from one project, to the next, to the next... you get the picture. I was so glad when that period of time was over with. That's what I feel like the past 10 days have been like for me. So, here is a sample of some of the things that I've been doing...

  • Spring Cleaning... aka "Feng Shui"
  • Finished a quilt for my niece Jannica
  • Posting and selling items on ksl.com
  • Relief Society Presidency Meeting & Visits
  • Draper Temple Open House - The open house was very nice. After going through the temple we ended up in the cultural hall of the chapel next to the temple. They had an 'art gallery' and refreshments while we waited for our bus.

Mike and Alexis in the covered walkway leading into the temple.

Alexis's favorite picture!


Sidney's favorite picture - which also hangs in the chapel of the Temple!



Sidney, Alexis and Mike

  • Relief Society Phone Calls
  • DUP (Yes, I joined the Daughters of Utah Pioneers a couple of years ago!)
  • DUP project for our next meeting
  • Made yogart from scratch using my food storage

Yogart - yes it really works and taste great!

  • Invited my niece Jannica to come to our home for lunch - which means I had to make lunch - and I gave Jannica her quilt!

Jannica, wrapped up in her new quilt!

  • Presented a demonstration on making yogart to members of our stake
  • More Relief ... Oh, did I already mention this?!?!!!
  • Managing our rental properties aka The Teslin Group, LLC
  • Driving to Ogden to take care of some business at our rental properties
  • Visited the fabric store (Yes this is very important!)
  • Finally... I had time to relaxed and read this book Nighttime is my time by Mary Higgins Clark

I'm looking forward to a more tranquil week next week!

No comments: