Thursday, February 5, 2009

Feng Shui... Again!

At 3:15am this morning, I awoke with the impression that it was time for me to start decluttering again... Mike and I call this 'Feng Shui', which is a VERY LOOSE description and action of this eastern art.

By 4:45am, I was up and cleaning... I'll be listing things on ksl.com for days to come, but I've already sold three items!

One lady even called me at 6:10am this morning. I thought it was Mike calling to tell me that he would be late coming home from work! When people see a bargain, it doesn't matter what time they call!

Everyone looks at things differently. Mike, for example, is very nostolgic. He keeps that give him that feeling of nostalgia.

For me, I love the things I have been given or purchase for myself, but over time, they fulfill their purpose and place in my life and then I feel it is time to let them go. Be free things, be free and thus I become FREE!

Note: Many declutter books state that when you let things go, you make room for new things to be brought in to your life! I personally agree with this philosphy.

(Does this mean I'll be buying more things??? Who knows!!!)

For now, I will relish the opportunity to sell my things to others so that they may receive enjoyment from them for a season!

No comments: