Friday, July 23, 2010

A Little Bit of Everything...

Monday I made White Asparagus Soup. I had to peel every piece of asparagus because it is stringy. The soup, wasn't that great. The same type of recipe when I make Pumpkin Soup, but aspargus doesn't thicken very well.



Tuesday evening we had a wonderful rainstorm in Blanding. Mike and I sat out on the porch for an hour and a half and watched and listened to the storm. It was wonderful! (No pictures)


Wednesday we were out on the porch again after dinner when the young women of our ward showed up and said, "We are doing a service project this evening for some of the older people in our ward. We want to pull the weeds from your curb. Mike and I were a little embarrassed, but at the same time realized the service was for his parents. They did such a great job that we are now repairing the broken pipe of our sprinkling system and tomorrow, Saturday, I will be planting grass. I can't wait!!! We want them to see the fruits of their labors.








This morning Kent Hawkins who is with the Blanding City Fire Department came around and noticed all of our weeds in the yard. They are WAY TO HIGH! Then he said, "Well, I'm sort of contributing to this because Scot said I could buy the car - in the back of the yard - and I never came over and picked it up. We told him we had just obtained the new title on Wednesday and so he came over around 5:45pm this evening and picked up the car. We sold it for $1.00. The 'yellowbird' has been a part of the Christensen Family since 1976. It was a little sad to see it go.

The Yellowbird...
The Yellowbird's former home
I thought we needed a picture of the license plate
Our tall weeds, and this one isn't as tall as some of them!
(I'm 5'4")
Finally, I volunteer to prepare Apricots for our Relief Society Meeting on Tuesday, July 27th. Mike, Caroline and I pitted all of these apricots this evening and then I blended them up and froze them. Apricots are bountiful this season here in Blanding. Trees are loaded. I'm looking forward to some apricot jam!

1 comment:

go boo boo said...

I am inspired to go get apricots from Susie Chase's bountiful tree and pit and freeze them for jam as well... The yard looks great! Thinking of you...