Friday, October 1, 2010

An Example of Small Town Livin'

SCENARIO...

Today about noon, Mike and I heard a lot of sirens. I finally said to Mike, "There must be a big accident". So, I decided to look out the window to see if I could see emergency vehicles driving by.

I looked over at the church parking lot and it was FULL. (No funeral today). Then I remembered seeing my neighbor this morning putting together something that reminded me of a float, and wondering about that. The lightbulb went on as I put two and two together.

There was a PARADE in town for the San Juan High School Homecoming. I walked down to Main Street to view the parade...

The band from our driveway

Navajo Nation Representative

Queen & First Attendant


San Juan High School Football Team
(I think they are still undefeated.)
I thought football was big in Texas, I think in San Juan County, it is even bigger!

The Royals (Drill Team)

Volleyball Team
(This was the float I saw being put together.)

Blue Mountain_____.


My favorite picture!
As you can see, there are not a lot of attendees at this parade. I'm not sure people even knew about it! But a parade in Blanding means CANDY. These two little girls had a TON of candy thrown at them. I bet they gather more at the parade than they will ever get on Halloween!


There was a lull in the parade.
Mike had just ridden his bike down,
so he 'joined' the parade for a moment!


My wonderful husband!


Cheerleaders




The End.

No comments: