Friday, October 1, 2010

Four Month Anniversary

Yesterday was our four month anniversary of living in Blanding. Wow, what a summer. We've done so much.

Today, October 1, 2010, marks the beginning of our 'resting' period. Mike begins a new job today. he is going to start working - again - on his second novel. I am so excited for him! Writing is what Mike loves to do, so I encourage him any way I can!

This week's happenings...

Today's harvest.
I'm looking forward to Pumpkin Soup soon!


Caroline loves flowers. The past few years she hasn't planted any and resorted to planting 'plastic' flowers. I changed those out this morning...



Summer flowers are now...
a Fall Bouquet


The rocks designate the section I am creating for my perennial garden. I planted bulbs, tulips, daffodils, and hyanciths (sp?). I'm looking for perennial suggestions so if you have any, please let me know! The rest of the dirt has grass seed planted. Hopefully next week, we'll have a picture of GREEN GRASS!

I planted grass in this small section this morning. Mike had prepped the area and I didn't want his efforts to go to waste!

Mike and I are burned out with the projects we worked on this year. We are so looking forward to the 'winter' and resting. We still have a couple of small projects to complete, like take items to the dump! But that will be a project for next Thursday, when the dump is open!

Happy Autumn!!!

2 comments:

Navylangs said...

I have just the dinner idea for your fall squash. Our favorite roasted veggie sandwich. I'll email it.

Sidney said...

Sounds great! I"m looking forward to the meal.