Saturday, October 23, 2010

Happenin's

I feel like a broken record, but I am SO TIRED of working on projects. I am burned out. I keep thinking Mike and I are finished for the summer/fall, and then something else crops up! So, here's what we've been up to the past couple of weeks...

The junk collecting behind our house is now at the 'transfer station' (not the dump). The good news about this is that we won't need to look at it all winter from outside our bedroom window!







This morning I went to our garden and picked all of the unripe tomatoes. They are now safely stored on top of our refridgerator!

Well, it's a good thing the grass we planted on the side of the curb didn't grow too well because the telephone company came and dug a HUGE hole and installed new phone lines for the area. Mike and I are taking the positive spin on this and grateful that the phone company 'tilled the soil' for us so that the seeds will take hold next spring!

This past week I've been working on Christmas. I've been ordering on-line and then I made this wall hanging for my mother-in-law. She had a fabric calendar from 2002 hanging in the kitchen - before the redo - and she kept it because she loves cardinals. So, I told her I would create a wall hanging for her from the cardinals. This is how it turned out. As I know she doesn't view our blog, I can put it on display here. Caroline will need to wait until Christmas to see the final product. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. (Thanks to Brenda and Bethany for their suggestions!)
The Blue Mountains, aka Abajo Mountains. This picture was taken from the transfer station. These are the mountains down here in Blanding. They are beautiful. The scenery grows on me more and more. I truly am coming to love this part of the country.
Finally, I've been reading a book, Edge of the Cedars by Albert R. Lyman, a distant relative. It is the history of Walter C. Lyman, Mike's great grandfather. He was the one who had a vision to create the town of Sidon/Grayson/Blanding. The book as been very interesting. The longer I am here, the more spiritual feelings I have about this place and reading this book has only intensified those feelings. This area truly is a sacred area. Why? I'm not sure, but I just feel that it is.

2 comments:

go boo boo said...

It's beautiful there! Your quilted hanging is beautiful too. But come home lady!

Unknown said...

The pinwheels on the quilt look great!!