Saturday, December 12, 2009

De Ja Vu...

This morning I drove into the parking lot of my former alma mater - Hillcrest High - for a dress rehearsal of tomorrow evening's performance of the Messiah. I don't think I've been back in the school for over 20 years. It was a little nostalgic sitting in the auditorium, looking for the CLOCK that use to hang on the wall, remembering all the Chamber Choir performances we did in the high school auditorium, and thinking about Mr. Dean or this link, our great high school music teacher. Julie and I reminisced about what he taught us. He taught us so many different varieties of choral music. We had no idea the depth and breath until after we left high school.


Enough reminiscing...

Now, if any of you are interested, you are invited to attend the Midvale Community Choir performance of the Handel's Messiah tomorrow evening, Sunday, December 13th.

Hillcrest High School Auditorium
7350 So. 900 E.
7:00 pm

Performance should last about 1.5 hours.
(We are only doing selected pieces.)

A final thought...

In the early 1990's I attend the Murray City Community performance of Handel's Messiah. It was a very sacred experience for me. I felt more during that performance than I have hearing the Tabernacle Choir or singing at the Messiah Sing-In. So, while the talent may be amateur, there is a feeling when signing the work. Come and enjoy!

1 comment:

go boo boo said...

You were glowingly beautiful! I loved it! The orchestra was amazing, the soloists were fantastic, the conductors were energizing, and the chorale was superb! Thank you!