Tuesday, June 17, 2008

FHE up Millcreek Canyon

On Monday evenings in the summertime, Mike & I enjoy going up Millcreek Canyon to have dinner and FHE. We have 'our spot', which is at the Church Falls picnic area. Last evening was our first time up the canyon and when we arrived at Church Falls, the area was CLOSED!!! We couldn't believe it. We had to find another spot to eat dinner. In some ways, it just wasn't the same!

My niece Alexis Lang, is visiting us this week. She always has a million things that she wants to do. I've learned to 'limited' her by asking her to write down everything she wants to do and then we plan out the days trying to get to everything on her list. (Sometimes, we do. Sometimes we don't!) One thing she wanted to do was go up Millcreek Canyon again. We had a wonderful evening relaxing, reading scriptures, and enjoying nature!

Alexis wearing two pairs of sunglasses!

Alexis was taking a lot of pictures. When I view them this morning, I found this containing the contents of our cooler. It cracked me up so I decided to post it!

Our picnic spot...


Alexis took her shoes and socks off and put her feet in the cold - very cold - creek water.
This lasted abou 15 seconds!


What would I do without my fire starters? Mike & Alexis!
P.S. Good news... Now that Mike's turned 60, we receive the 'senior discount' for Millcreek Canyon. Instead of paying $2.25, we now pay $1.00. Oh, what will we do with that extra $1.25??? I also need to mention that while my husband may be 60, he doesn't look a day over 50!!! (Alexis just told me that Mike doesn't even look 50, he looks 45-48. He'll LOVE hearing that!)

No comments: