Saturday, June 21, 2008

Quilting...

On Thursday evening I completed this quilt for my niece Alishea. She purchased sheets - which is the backing - and then I found, via Brenda & Bethany, the fabric for the front! I think it turned out darling! Sometimes, it is so hard to give up these quilts!!! Alexis and I went to the fabric store yesterday and found fabric for yet another quilt for her (#3). We are awaiting the painting of her room, which will happen next Friday, then we'll be off to the fabric store to make another purchase.



Quilt Front - Surf & Sand
Close up of the front
"Psychedelic Flowers" Alishea wanted brown thread showing on the back. Bethany Christiansen (2quiltingb's) did the quilting.

Finished product - Picnicing with the Ants!

A close up of the great quilting done by Bethany!

3 comments:

Nielson Family said...

I had no idea you had a blog, but I'm glad that you do. The quilt turned out really pretty, you did a good job. I love to learn how to quilt someday.

Mandy said...

I love the quilting detail on the back.

go boo boo said...

You are amazing!