Sunday, November 22, 2009

Food Storage Challenge - Day 11

This morning during our Relief Society Presidency meeting, one of my counselors suggested I list the blogs I subscribe to for deals, etc., on my blog. So, this post is for you, Annette!

On the side bar is a Provident Living section and links to the sites I subscribe to via google reader. (I LOVE google reader, except for those blogs which require a password, causing me to access those blogs manually. Thanks to those of you who don't require passwords, and thus I just receive your feed!)

Okay, back to the business at hand... See the sidebar for the links. And here is today's menu post...

Menu for Day 11
Enchiladas (leftover)
Meatloaf & Baked Potatoes (leftover)
Baked Potato Soup (leftover)
Pizza (for my brother Steve, who doesn't eat 'leftovers')
Smoothies (My answer to when we don't have fresh fruit, but need fruit to balance out the meal)
Learnings, con't.
1. Always have Pizza in the freezer because 1) it is easy to cook; 2) it doesn't qualify as a leftover; 3) and everyone seems to like pizza
2. I need a freezer. While I've been using items out of the freezer, I still don't have much room for when I make a dinner that I can freeze 1/2 of it and use at a later date.
3. I need to have a year supply of tinfoil pans that I can make dinners and freeze them in.
Other items I have purchased (that we used) during this experiment
1. Milk - I know that Mike would drink powdered milk, but I'm not sure Steve will. So, milk was a necessary purchase.
2. Items for Thanksgiving dinner. Since I'm hosting this year, I feel obligated to provide the traditional Thanksgiving meal.

No comments: