Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Food Storage Challenge - Day 12-14

I was thinking last evening that I'm not sure if this test is working or not. I feel like our freezer is just as full as it was when I began and our shelves look just as stocked. Oh well, it is a good test to see what we have.

A quick story... I was making the cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving last evening and it called for one apple. Well, the apple I had been going to use was eaten a couple of day ago, so I thought for a few moments and came up with the idea to use the dried apples I have in my food storage. They worked great! Can't wait to eat the sauce with our Thanksgiving meal...

Day 12 Menu
Hamburger/Rice Casserole
(I substituted my last zucchini for the celery, which I didn't have!)
Peaches
Day 13 Menu
Spaghetti
Corn
Bread
Oranges
Day 14 Menu
Leftover Spaghetti
Fried Rice
Smoothies
Purchased: Oranges, bread. (I guess I could have made homemade bread but I wasn't in the mood. There are too many other things to make in conjunction with Thanksgiving!)
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving... I'm brining our turkey and quite excited about this. We are also having Seven Layer Dip - not the traditional Thanksgiving food, BUT a request from my niece Alishea!

No comments: