Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Food Storage Challenge

I've always worked on having food storage, but the past year or so, I have been very diligent about buying items on sale, watching blogs about free stuff, and of course, collecting my 'beer money' refunds. (It isn't what you might think!) The Result, a LOT of food building up in our year supply of food storage.

So, the time has come for the Christensen Family to see if we can live on the food storage we have in 'stock' for one month. I honestly don't know how we'll do, but I will let you know. Maybe this will turn into a Julie & Julia type of posting! Who knows! But, I am grateful to the several blogs I follow that help me with purchasing a lot of good deals on foods that I have purchased.

One of our many storage areas in the back room.


What you don't see is 15 Tombstone Pizza's hiding behind all the food in the freezer! Mike's excited to have them in our Year Supply! (Just ask me about how I bought 17 Tombstone Pizza's for $15.00. Yes, that's right, $15.00!)



More Food... Plus, I still don't have room for a lot of can goods that are on the floor!
I don't usually cook breakfast and lunch, the Christensen family just fends for themselves. But, I do make sure we have cereal and bread, and of course, there are usually leftovers in the fridge which always make a good lunch meal. So, I'll just be posting our dinner menu. Wish me luck!
Day 1 Dinner Menu
Clam Chowder
Cornbread
Black Grapes & Tangerines



No comments: