Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Food Storage Challenge - Days 5-7

Well, I have already begun making a list of things I am learning from this challenge...

1. I am craving fresh food, vegetables in particular. I thought that having canned vegetables and frozen vegetables would help, but it really doesn't. Note to self: I better make sure I have enough seeds for a BIG garden!

2. I make a lot of 'creamed' dinners. I don't want to eat creamed dinners night after night. I need to make sure I have items that will balance this out.

3. Next time I do this, I need to have some beef on hand. (I did go to the grocery store yesterday to purchase hamburger to provide us with variety.)


Day 5 Menu

Mike and I went on a date = we went out to dinner!
Day 6 Menu
Sausage
Eggs
Toast
Orange Juice
Day 7 Menu
Bean, cheese, and green chili burritos with enchilada sauce,
(Because I had a can of sauce and wanted to use it. I even made fresh tortillas!)
Corn
Tangerines
(I confess, this isn't going to be a colorful meal this evening, just orange and yellows. Sometimes, it just happens.)

No comments: