Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Odds and Ends

Okay, a few more comments about our recent vacation

Treasures...


I loved being on the beach and finding beautiful shells or uniquely colored shells. I brought them home to combine with the shells I gathered while in Guam in September 2006. I just finished putting them in the glass jar and placing them back on the mantel.

$$$$ Mexican Salesmen $$$$...

Thursday when we arrived in Puerto Penasco, Mike and I went down to the Old Port area where the outdoor vendors are located. These vendors were on the beaches, at every place we stopped. I just couldn't get away from these guys and ended up with all of this stuff. Yet, there is only one item I really wanted...

Which item is the one I REALLY wanted?

Green Pitcher

Blue Glass pitcher (the back one)

Apple Platter

Earrings

Fabric Store...

No vacation is complete without finding a quilt store to visit. I wanted to go to the store in Sedona, but of course, we arrived at 5:15pm and it closed at 5:00pm. (Quilting stores have banker hours.) On our drive home I stopped in at a store in Panguitch, the Scrappy Apple Yard, or some name like that. Of course, I bought fabric, in addition to the Mexican purchases...

Here is what Mike purchased on our trip...

Yep, that's right. Absolutely NOTHING!

What does this tell you about the two of us? Okay, don't answer that question!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I love the pitchers, esp the blue glass one. I love stuff like that...and I am the shopper too. LOVE IT!