Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Vacation Highlights

Well, our vacation worked! I feel completely relaxed and I am still not sure that I feel like answering the phone or responding to emails. It may take a few days for me to get back into the routine... I want to stay in this uncomplicated, unneeded state!


A few highlights and pictures...

Blanding...
  • I was able to go swimming at the Blanding Pool! (The pool is directly across the street from Mike's parent's home. It is such a treat to just walk across the street and go swimming each day!)
  • Mike and I were able to visit with Mike's brother Kirk, who was in town visiting. (We purposefully planned our trip to coincide with his!)
  • The BEST homemade ice cream of all time - Raspberry-lime!
  • Visiting with Mike's parents
  • Pretty much doing absolutely nothing!

A 'low point' for us was the fact that we missed all the family who had been in town for the 4th of July. We honestly thought we'd see a few nieces and nephews, and their children, but they had all left by the time we arrived - which 11:30am on Sunday morning by the way!!! We even missed Kevin, aka Elder Christensen, who recently returned - July 2nd - from serving in Armenia. Who would have thought he'd want to go to Orem to spend time with friends, former companions, and other family members?!?

Yes, I think I am funny... Mike walking from the 'rest stop' men's room!


Doug, Kirk, Mike and Caroline

Caroline holding Mike's Novel

P.S. Thanks to Scot and Julene who provided accommodations and breakfast for us! We had our own personal B&B!

No comments: