Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Vacation Highlights - Part 2

After leaving Blanding, we drove through Monument Valley to Flagstaff, and then took highway 89A to Sedona. I'd been wanting to visit this town for a long time and Mike - again the good man that he is - agreed for the detour! All I can say about the trip is that drive was beautiful. The town, we'll I'm not that impressed. We stayed about a hour. Some of you may feel that it's a great town, but honestly, the beauty of that area is just a spectacular as anything we have in Utah.



Overlook at Cottonwood Creek on 89A. We drove down the switchbacks to the bottom of the canyon before we entered into Sedona.


Mike viewing pictures of famous movies that were filmed in Sedona. The movie industry gave Sedona its start.



After leaving Sedona, we headed down to the Phoenix area. Longtime friend, Wendi [Horrocks] Webster lives in Gilbert. I'm made arrangements for Mike and I to stay with her and her family. We arrived about 8:00pm and visited for a while and then Mike and I were off to bed...

Sidney and Wendi




Milo Webster, the cat. This picture does not due Milo justice! I cracked up when I saw him lying on the floor like this. He looked just like a SEA OTTER!!! He cracked me up, so I had to add him to our vacation photos!

No comments: