Monday, July 21, 2008

Stash...

A couple of weeks ago when our niece, Lexi, stayed with us. Lexi purchased fabric so I could make her a bag. I finished the bag last week and had left over fabric. Today she was at our home for a couple of hours and came across some fabric that I had not used. She quickly and deftly asked if I had bought the fabric or she had. When I answered that it was her fabric, she was so excited. Alexis now has her first piece of 'stash' fabric. For any quilter or sewer, you know what that means.... There is more fabric to come!


Lexi, proudly holding her first fabric 'stash'!
P.S. I must also mention that about a year ago Mike and I were working on our will. Alexis somehow found out about and asked, "Sidney, can I inherit your fabric?" Well, since she's the first to ask, the stash is hers! (Note for other family members, if there is some of ours that you would like to inherit, you need to let Mike or I know. It may be 40-50 years until you inherit it, but it will be 'free'!)

No comments: